Sugar and Chocolate Sandwich Cookies:
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 - 25 min
Yields: 20 Sandwich Cookies
- 5 oz unsalted butter
- 4 oz generous 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup generous all purpose flour
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolk, then the flour. Continue beating until well mixed.
- Shape dough into a mound and break off walnut sized pieces rolling them into little balls with the palm of your hands. Place them on parchment paper on a cookie sheet spacing them 2" apart for expansion during cooking. Slightly press down the balls of dough.
- Bake in preheated oven, 325 F/160 C, for 15 - 25 minutes. Cooke time will vary with different ovens, watch for slight browning on edges.
- Carefully transfer cookies on parchment paper to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place the semisweet chocolate in a small heatproof bowl and set over pan of barely simmering water, stirring constantly until melted. Remove bowl from heat
- Remove the cookies from the parchment and spread the melted chocolate on the bases and sandwich another cookie on top. Return assembled cookie to wire rack and dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Add some melted chocolate to a sandwich bag with a spoon and cut off one of the bottom tips to drizzle chocolate over the tops. Cool completely and serve.
April Mystery KAL: Clue #2
row 12: (k1,p1)2x, p2, k1, p1, k2, p5, k4, p1, k1, p2, k1, p4, k4, p3, (k1, p1)x4, (p1,k1)2x
row 14: (k1,p1)2x, p4, k1, p5, k5, p4, k1, p4, k5, p3, k1, p2, k1, p3, (p1,k1)2x
row 16: (k1,p1)2x, (p4, k1)x2, p1, (k1, p2)x2, k5, (p2, k1)x2, p1, k1, p4, k2, p3, (p1,k1)2x
row 18: (k1,p1)2x, p3, k1, p1, k1, p3, k2, p4, (k1, p1)x4, k1, p4, k2, p5, k1, p3, (p1,k1)2x
row 20: (k1,p1)2x, (p4, k1)x2, p6, k7, p6, k1, p4, k1, p1, k1, p2, (p1,k1)2x