Monday, October 20, 2008

Sick Days..

The wedding was truly beautiful. I made the shawl deadline with not even a minute to spare. I finished at midnight, exhausted. It was a very chilly Saturday and the Bridesmaids dresses we're not very giving in the warmth department. For the first time I might actually believe that you can get sick from not being dressed properly. I am sick as a dog. But very happy to be done with many things that were looming over my head. I can now relax with my children for a couple weeks designing the next few sets of cloths and leisurely start all my holiday knitting. Blueberry Tea has become quite a friend these days.

I managed to finally get around to finishing a scarf I started awhile back. Just simple garter stitch, 40s across and knit it until it reached about 6ft. Great therapeutic and mindless project. It's a very long scarf which I wanted to be able to wrap around my neck a few times, and share it with the husband without him calling it "feminine". I knit it with this yarn. It was so soft and warm it had to be a scarf. Used size 10 needles and added tassels for some character.


I'm also finishing up a few pairs of socks for my Ella. Shes such a great baby. Both my children we're loving newborns, and then happy babies and have grown into affectionate and curious toddlers. I've still to this day never seen a child smile more than my son. My daughter is much too smart for her ripe old age of 12 months. Shes about to ask for the car any day now, I feel it. I'm going to blink and she'll be 17. Being in my late 20's I'm so proud to have such wonderful children and I appreciate everything that they have taught me. I'm going to leave you with the angelic face my sleeping girl before I go lay down.


Hope everyone is good.

5 comments:

Baby Beth said...

I found you through Ravelry--just wanted to say that your children are absolutely precious.

Unknown said...

Kris Hello!
My name is Andrea, I am Brazilian and unfortunately I do not know speak English (this message was translated into Google).
I am completely in love with their work and have tricoti Surprise your Valentine.
Thank you for sharing with us their work in knitting.
I'm your fan unconditional.
Kisses
www.andreaminhaslas.blogspot.com

spanky51 said...

Hi Kris,

I just wanted to let you know that I love your wash clothes. I've started knitting them for gifts. Tied with a lovely bow, the perfect gift. You are so gifted and talented. Thank you for sharing your patterns and designs with us.
spanky51

Jeremy said...

I think everybody should glance at this.
cool online games for kids | locksmith austin texas | how to get rid of stretch marks

Unknown said...

You got a really useful blog and I really your style of writing. Keep it up

Asus - Ultrabook Convertible 11.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - 4GB Memory - 128GB Solid State Drive

Asus - K-Series 15.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive