Cookie Cutter Ornaments:
- Any Cookie Cutter of your choice
- Different colored sheets of felt
- Approx. 4ft of embroidery thread per ornament
- Embroidery Needle
- Buttons and or Beads
- Sewing Tread and needle (for beads and buttons)
- Trace a cookie cutter onto some felt and cut two identical pieces.
- Sew on some buttons or beads and embroider tiny faces if desired.
- Pin the two pieces together and begin blanket stitching all the way around starting on the left side of the waist front side facing up.
- After stitching both legs and the right side near the the top, feed in an inch or two of festive ribbon doubled in a loop. Pass the embroidery needle and thread through all layers of felt and ribbon a few times to secure.
- Keep blanket stitching until there are a few inches left.
- Remove the pin and stuff some fiber fill into your gingerbread man or any other design and blanket stitch closed.
- Secure all ends and cut any loose threads.
- Step back and admire these cuties.
My kids love them so much. They've become a favorite with my family when I made them last year. You can make quite a few of them in an evening if you really sit down and get into a groove. I kept losing my needle only to find it in the couch again.. and again. If you have any questions I'll answer them in the comments.